Sunday, April 17, 2011

The NYSAVT Spring Conference is a success!!!


Take a look at the turn out for the NYSAVT spring conference!   Held at the beautiful Beaver Hollow Lodge in Javit Center, NY, this great CE event was a knock-out-of-the park success. 

I worked with some of the LVT-Managers and  extra-interested LVT’s in the group going over veterinary financial management information.  We worked for 3 hours in the facility’s well appointed board room.  Because our group was small, we had some great interaction and really had a chance to dig into the material.  Thank you so much NYSAVT for a wonderful time!

Now for the drama part of the story.  The event was held on April 16th, but on April 15th, my computer crashed!  No worries, I had the presentation on a thumb drive and one of the organizers was happy to loan me her computer…which wouldn’t boot the show.  No problem, the conference center provided me with a computer…that crashed during the presentation…No problem, one of the NYSAVT board members loaned me her computer…which went off twice because of the storm-related power outage…No problem we rebooted it so we could continue with the presentation which was interrupted by an announcement, “Does anyone own a blue car with license plate number…it’s an emergency (see the emergency below)”


Big problem.  The wind had blown over a tree which went crashing into one of the attendee's car!   I continued with the lecture, before we were interrupted again.  “Does anyone own a Toyota Tacoma with license plate”….YES, I DO.  MY GOD, WHAT’S WRONG?  (See below what was wrong)




This big tree was ready to continue breaking and slam down on a couple of cars (mine included) parked underneath.  No problem, I moved the car.

Despite all the mishaps, our group stayed ½ hour past our finish time, exchanging ideas and talking.  I hope to stay in touch with all my new colleagues!  Thanks again, NYSAVT.  Even gale force winds couldn't dampen the spirit of this group!


No comments:

Post a Comment